Woking 4 Weymouth 0

Garry Hill's Weymouth lost their third game on the spin as rejuvenated Woking ended their own dismal run of four successive league defeats with Goma Lambu their star.

Once Guiseppe Sole had given the Cards a great start with a wonder free-kick in the 11th minute, the home team grew in confidence and, sparked by Lambu, they made the most of a lack-lustre display from the visitors to record their biggest win of the season.

Both sides felt their way into the match with Woking's Danny Bunce having the first opportunity, his searing run past three players into the box, ending with his shot being blocked.

It was a sign of Woking's intent and they made the breakthrough with a stunning goal from England new boy Sole. Weymouth conceded a free-kick 25 yards out in a central position and the 18-year-old stepped up to thump a beautifully struck effort into the top corner of Aaron Lee-Barrett's net.

Minutes later a Craig McAllister flick on found Sole in between central defensive pair Jason Tindall and Roy O'Brien. This time the young striker opted to shoot early from the edge of the box and Lee-Barrett got down smartly to palm away the effort for a corner.

Woking's Karl Murray forced his was into the box and had his shot saved before Weymouth finally sparked into life and, spurred on by midfielder Shaun Wilkinson, they started to create chances themselves.

Abdou Elkholti's free-kick was plucked out of the air by Woking's debutante on-loan keeper Michael Poke. But the keeper was unlucky to see Wayne Purser's deflected effort from close range cannon off his own post before the ball was cleared for a corner by Simon Jackson.

Poke then saved Wilkinson's free-kick as Weymouth pressed for an equaliser but, after withstanding a period of Terras pressure, Woking scored again.

This time Sole swung over a corner from the right and his centre was met by Tom Hutchinson who thumped a fierce header beyond Lee-Barrett's despairing dive.

The visitors did come out firing in the second half though and Poke had to make two excellent saves, first when Wilkinson's deep cross was prodded goalwards by Lee Elam only for Pope to clear off his line. Then Raphael Nade's header from Wilkinson's corner was plucked out of the air by the keeper.

The Cards weathered the storm though, and when Sole put McAllister through it seemed as though Woking would extend their lead but the striker screwed his shot across goal from the edge of the box.

Midway through the half a Woking barrage brought them two goals and an ultimately comfortable win.

Lambu's persistence saw him wriggle past Elam on the left byline before being brought down from behind by the former Southport flyer.

Up stepped McAllister to take the spot-kick and, while Lee-Barrett saved the first effort, he bundled home the second.

Moments later McAllister hit the bar with a close-range header and Lambu was first to react as he prodded the rebound home.

Wilkinson was sent off for a second bookable offence late on while Purser hit the post and Nade headed over from two yards out as Weymouth searched in vain for a consolation goal.