Altrincham 2 Woking 3

Woking extended their unbeaten run in the Conference to five games after completing a remarkable comeback to beat Altrincham 3-2 at Moss Lane.

The Cards had looked dead and buried when they went 2-0 down after just 18 minutes, Alty scoring through Steve Bushell and Robbie Lawton.

But after the part-timers lost captain Bushell to injury, Woking took full advantage, Goma Lambu getting them back on level terms with two close-range efforts before Craig McAllister sealed the win.

Despite being without top scorer Colin Little through injury, Altrincham dominated the early exchanges. Colin Potts came in up front for his first Conference appearance of the season and caused a fair few problems for the visitors alongside strike partner Joe O'Neill.

After surviving an early scare when Karl Munroe blocked a close-range shot from Craig McAllister, Altrincham pushed forward in search of the opener.

Just five minutes in, it seemed that they had found it. Bushell spread the ball wide to Potts and he crossed superbly to Munroe, whose header crashed off the crossbar before bouncing down onto the goal-line.

Woking initially cleared their lines, but not convincingly enough. The hosts won back possession and when Bushell found space on the left, he looked up before lofting a beautiful effort over the head of the helpless Shwan Jalal.

The visitors almost hit back straightaway when Lambu set Jon Nurse free down the left, the striker's effort saved by the on-rushing Stuart Coburn. But Alty continued to have the better of the opportunities and they doubled their lead after 18 minutes.

Woking were caught out down their right flank again, and Lewis Chalmers whipped in a good cross that Robbie Lawton blasted home from six yards.

Although Woking had struggled to create many chances, they did have their fair share of possession and when Altrincham's momentum was disrupted by an injury to Bushell, they made their move. A swift attack saw Nurse set free down the right flank and Munroe failed to clear his cross, allowing Lambu to side-foot home from close range.

Altrincham looked as if they had been in the wars when Gary Scott became their second injury casualty, replaced by young striker Lee Hendley, but both teams continued to match each other stride for stride.

Craig McAllister had a header saved for Woking, but Jalal also had to be at his best to tip a 30-yard effort from Steve Aspinall over the bar.

After the interval, however, injuries and tiredness finally began to take their toll on the Robins and the Woking attack they had contained so well in the first half suddenly began to cause them a string of problems.

After threatening for a good 10 minutes, the visitors got their reward. Neil Smith sent Nurse in on the right and he combined with Lambu once again, the winger scoring from close range.

The Cards now had their opponents on the rack and it seemed only a matter of time before they completed their comeback. Smith headed wide from a Lambu cross before both Nurse and Murray wasted chances after a scramble in the Altrincham box. But the Robins could just not hold out and they were caught out on the right flank yet again. Simon Jackson crossed well and Nurse sent the ball back across goal for McAllister to head in from all of two yards.

Woking had chances to extend their lead further, but McAllister and Ferguson both missed chances as they cruised to victory.